For ethical brands and other brands alike, finding loyal customers is HARD. There is no longer information asymmetry between brands and consumers and the power model has shifted forever.
But there’s hope! People don’t buy what you do, they buy WHY you do it.
In a world full of millions of companies, young, growing and established ethical brands can’t always compete in the same playing field as their less ethical counterparts.
A PEACHY SOLUTION
Peachy levels the playing field, providing a platform and a marketplace for ethical brands with a purpose to thrive and access an exclusive, loyal customer base.
ACCESS A LOYAL AUDIENCE THAT SHARES YOUR VALUES
GET EXPERT DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANCE
MAINTAIN COMPLETE BRAND CONTROL
INCREASE REVENUE FROM DIGITAL CHANNELS
EASILY CONTRIBUTE TO CHARITIES
SET UP NEW RECURRING REVENUE STREAMS
What types of ethical brands are we looking for
YOUR BRAND STORY
Broadly speaking, we are looking for ethical brands who care about the impact their business has on the world around them, that includes, animals, humans and the ecosystem.
We are looking for brands who have an authentic origin story and who are comfortable being super transparent about who they are and what they stand for. We want to help ethical brands tell those amazing stories.
We love ethical brands who have beautiful, strong imagery and a passionate team who are excited to create compelling content.
Our team scores each brand’s ethics on the following criteria.
- Organic & GMO Free
- Animal Cruelty Free
- Environmentally Sustainable
- Human Cruelty Free
- Labour Standards
- Community Investment
We are looking for brands who score 70% or above on these key ethical criteria.
Planning Stores For Ethical Brands On Peachy
We start the process of marketplace vendor applications with a series of conversations with the Peachy team:
- We have an initial conversation to discuss your brand vision, mission, key differentiators, preferred charity and key admin.
- Together, we decide on three top products to list and launch the store (based on popularity, margins and availability)
- You provide the Peachy team with all of the information for the confirmed products (including product images, product description, brand logo, confirmation of certifications)
- Based on these conversations and documentation, your brand ethics will be rated by the Peachy team.
Setting Up Stores For Ethical Brands On Peachy
Once the planning is complete, content production begins:
- Our team writes the content for the flagship product. If we don’t have enough written information, we may interview you and your team to help create the best looking product landing page. We also assist in writing a store overview.
- Your team follows our best practice guide template to create content for the remaining two selected products for launch.
- All the supporting images, image production and search engine optimisation is completed by our team of professional search marketing specialists.
Promoting Ethical Brands Peachy
Pre and during launch we recommend the following marketing activities to promote your store launch (we’ll be doing the same on our end):
- Write 1-3 blog posts for us that we can post (our team will be responsible for ensuring the blog is linked back to from multiple sources across the internet, driving traffic to that page and then to your brand)
- Send an email to your email list (we recommend Mailchimp as the tool of choice – its free for up to 2k subscribers)
- Notify your social network (we suggest repeating x5 times across a week, with slightly different images and message)
DOES IT COST US ANYTHING?
There is no cost to set up the store or to list your products. Peachy takes an automatic commission on any product sold via the store which is agreed on a product-by-product basis, based on fair margin.
CAN A RETAILER LIST AS A VENDOR?
No, the Peachy marketplace is currently exclusively for brands. Unlike eBay where you could have multiple listings of a product, on Peachy, there is only one. This ensures brand ethics integrity.
DO WE NEED TO BE CERTIFIED?
E.g. certified organic…etc? No but if you aren’t certified, we may need other information from you, for instance, the people who wholesale you your materials and what certifications they may have, or other support documentation.
HOW DO WE GET PAID?
Peachy is set up to pay via PayPal Mass Payments and payments can be made, instantly or bi weekly into your PayPal account which can then be transferred to your bank account. The timing of payments depends on the likely number of product returns.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT?
You are responsible for:
- Keeping your product info and ingredients up to date
- Adding new products
- Dealing with any customer enquiries
- Shipping the product
- Handling returns
Peachy is responsible for:
- Bringing traffic and customers to the website
- Creating a fast, drama-free purchasing experience
- Keeping the platform up to date and easy for you to manage
WHO MANAGES OUR STORE ONCE IT’S LISTED?
You will appoint an administrator who will have access to the store. All new products must be approved by the Peachy team before listing but you have control over content and you can add private notes to orders or to customers (e.g. Tracking numbers) and view reports on sales performance.
WHERE DOES THE SITE SHIP TO?
At the moment, the site is only available to ship to customers in Australia with free shipping. Phase 2 will include International shipping at a cost and Phase 3 will allow vendors to opt in or out of international sales.
Brand FAQs: Ethical rating explained
Ethical concerns differ by product so we’ve provided one example below that breaks down the concerns and then the types of things we look for as part of our rating system. This example is for the ethical concern around the broad category of Animal Cruelty:
|ETHICAL CONCERN||TYPE||CERTIFICATION NAME|
|Animal Testing||Certification||Not Tested On Animals (CCF)|
|Animal Testing||Certification||Not Tested On Animals – Vegan (CCF)|
|Live Export||Business Practice||No Live Export|
|Animal Testing||Product Contents||Animal Free (Vegan)|
|Leather (Animal Slaughter)||Product Contents||Company does not engage in leather trade pledge|
|Silk (Silk Worm Production)||Business Practice||Company does not engage in silk production pledge|
|Wool (Animal Cruelty)||Business Practice||Company does not engage in mulesing pledge|
Terms and Conditions
These are the key terms and conditions we ask that you agree to in order to list your brand on the Peachy marketplace:
COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS
- To ship within 2 days of receiving the order
- To provide refunds in a reasonable and timely fashion
- To provide free shipping (note that you can include shipping in the product price)
- To respond to customer queries within 24 hours (the faster the better, responses in 5 mins mean they’ll be 10 times more likely to convert)
- Any content (product descriptions and blogs…etc) that are created especially for Peachy cannot be replicated on any other site. This ensures we and you are not penalised by Google for creating duplicate content and protects both you and Peachy.
- To ensure that the ratings for an individual product when above 10 total ratings, remain above 3.5 stars (or the product is at risk of being removed).
- To ensure that the brand ethical rating doesn’t fall below 70% (or the store is at risk of being suspended from trading).
- To provide a backlink from your site to our site